Forum PlanetGong
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Forum PlanetGong

Les forums c'est ringard ! Comme la suze, les rouflaquettes et le rock'n'roll

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  Planetgong.frPlanetgong.fr  Mauvaise Foi RecordsMauvaise Foi Records  
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

Les paroles des growlers

+8
Eric
Frankystooge
ZigZagWanderer
young-men-dead
Cool Jerk
Yves Guillotines
Cyber-bagarre
dorsdrive
12 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
Advaita
Wonderboy
Wonderboy

Les paroles des growlers - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les paroles des growlers   Les paroles des growlers - Page 2 EmptyMar 24 Sep - 0:42

Frankystooge a écrit:
AD: Let’s discuss a couple of specific songs. What’s the story behind “Gay Thoughts?”

BN: I’d like to make some shit up to make it more interesting—it was “Bad Thoughts” and I changed it to “Gay Thoughts,” maybe joking? I don’t know, but then it immediately made sense as like… a really good song for gays. And then I got the idea that we could make a really good gay video with it, and I kinda went with it, and it snowballed into something where, you know, we play San Fran and there’s a lot of gays who show up and start tellin’ me how much it means to them. That’s kinda cool how it worked out though, right? It’s a fun one to play around the country, because you get in the right area and think, “they’re not going to like this,” and then all of a sudden they’re going off to that song more than any other and it’s like, OK, cool, they handled that one very well. It’s a serious song and I sing it seriously.

AD: I imagine one can read into that song a few different ways. But maybe there’s an argument that a song like “Gay Thoughts” normalizes singing about homosexuality for a band full of straight dudes…

BN: We’re from an area where we grew up saying “gay” and “fag” a lot. There’s other bands I see doing it too, like The Black Lips, and they get a lot of shit for it, and we have before and I understand why we shouldn’t be saying it and stuff, but that was a hard habit to kick, you know? “Hey, that shit’s gay. Don’t be a fag.” Even though I grew up around cool gay people and there’s never a homophobe bone… So this song has fully redeemed us. I think we can still say gay now.

http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2012/11/07/catching-up-with-the-growlers-the-ad-interview/
Ah. Ça serait presque premier degré en fait ?

Bizarre. Surtout au vu du clip assez kitsch, je comprenais vraiment la chanson comme un gros pied de nez envers des homophobes plein de clichés, plus qu'un truc adressé aux homos eux même.

Un truc du genre "ouh là là, mon Dieu c'est horrible, j'ai commencé à écouter Peter Gabriel, puis à fantasmer sur mon voisin moustachu, et du jour au lendemain je me rendais à la gaypride en slip rose". Le décalage humoristique venant du fait que ces types sont hétéros et assument de s'afficher ainsi sans que ça ne vienne heurter le moins du monde leur virilité ni ne soit contagieux in fine.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Les paroles des growlers
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2